Hello Sydney Burners!
We are opening a call for Burning Man Regional Contacts (RC) in Sydney!
We’re undertaking the search at this time for a few reasons:
- The Sydney Burner community is large and thriving...and needs more hands to do the work involved to keep it going.
- The Sydney community is increasingly diverse and would benefit from diverse representation.
- The current RC, Jarred Taylor (aka "Jayman"), is stepping down from this role as RC for health and family reasons, as well as having recently relocated outside of Sydney.
For these reasons, the new Regional Contacts will be working together in a somewhat new environment...all new faces, all new approaches, all to help foster the Burning Man community in Sydney. Could this be you?!
Regional Contacts volunteer year-round to empower and nurture community initiatives and facilitate communication with the global Burning Man Regional Network and between their various community groups. For more information about the Regional Contact role and the Network, visit the Burningman.org website:
The Burning Man community in Sydney continues to grow and as such, we’re looking for leaders with a desire to help organize local community gatherings and support new members of the community. A history of engaged participation in local Burning Man and art events is also crucial; bonus points if you have skills in social media, communications, event logistics, and community outreach!
While we are ideally seeking candidates with the above characteristics, we are also open to hearing from those with other skills and experiences to offer the local community. If you'd like to apply to be the new Sydney Regional Contact, please complete BOTH of these steps:
- email your self-nomination letter to regional-network@
- log into your Burner Profile (profiles.burningman.org) and complete the Volunteer Questionnaire. [Scroll down to ‘Volunteer’ > Volunteer Questionaire > Volunteer Teams section, check the ‘Regional Contacts’ box > fill out the ‘Regionals’ section > fill out ‘Yes, I’d like to answer questions about my skills and personal interests’ section.]
After our two week window to self-nominate closes, we'll send out a community feedback survey to gather your input and experiences with candidates. Official interviews will be held in - July and August. Search timeline includes:
- July 4th, 2020 - Self-nomination and application deadline
- July 20th, 2020 - Opportunity for community feedback on candidates closes
- August 7th, 2020 - Interviews with local interview team completed
- September 1st, 2020 - New Regional Contact selection announced and onboarding begins!
The team is looking forward to hearing from you!