TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF TICKET PURCHASE and ENTRY
This ticket is sold subject to Red Earth City Pty Ltd – ABN 72 141 969 226 (Burning Seed, Us, We)) and any third party vendor’s ‘Terms and Conditions’ of sale which are available for review at the time of purchase. The Terms and Conditions of sale, entry and participants’ presence at Burning Seed (the “Burn”) include the following terms as well as all current Burning Seed policies including but not limited to:
By purchasing a ticket, including using the ticket transfer process, and attending the Burn, you agree to abide by these Terms and all Burning Seed policies.
Tickets and Refunds
- Every participant in attendance at the Burn is required to hold a valid ticket.
- A change in personal circumstances of the Ticket Holder does not entitle the return or the exchange of the ticket.
- Tickets will not be refunded under any circumstances, including but not limited to, the possible non-appearance of any particular group expected by the Ticket Holder, a change to the advertised venue of the Burn, or any adverse weather conditions.
- Burning Seed is not liable for acts of God, the weather, strikes, protests, or actions taken by government agencies and similar causes. You understand that tickets are nonrefundable even if the Burn is terminated early or cancelled, or entry conditions are modified, due to harsh weather, acts of nature, governmental regulation, the failure to obtain relevant permits, or conditions beyond Burning Seed’s control.
- Notwithstanding the above, Burning Seed has contingencies in place to endeavour to provide a refund to ticket holders in the event of cancellation, subject to conditions. If a refund is able to be made to ticket holders in the event of a cancellation, the timing of such a refund will be after all necessary processes have been followed, which may take several months. Burning Seed makes no guarantee on the timing of any refund.
- By purchasing a ticket to the Burn, you agree and acknowledge that you can afford to purchase that ticket and such a purchase will not cause a financial hardship to you or your family, whether the Burn proceeds or not.
- Ticket holders will be asked to show photo identification along with their ticket upon entry to the Burn. The name on the ticket must match the photo ID of the person attending the Burn.
- Tickets may not be resold above face value. If a ticket is resold then ownership must be transferred to the purchaser using the ticket transfer system provided by our ticketing vendor, Quicket. Once the transfer is complete the original ticket will not be valid for entry to the Burn. Burning Seed reserves the right to cancel any ticket which has been sold above face value.
- On arrival at the Burn, ticket holders will be given a wristband which must be worn for the duration of the event. A person at the Burn without a wristband will be presumed not to hold a valid ticket and may be asked to leave.
- Lost, stolen or damaged tickets will not be replaced.
- Tickets are revocable licenses that may be revoked by Burning Seed for any reason including, without limitation, resale for above face value, purchasing more than stated limits, assisting others with unauthorised or un-ticketed entry to the Burn, breach of these Terms and Conditions, or conduct deemed by Burning Seed to be unacceptable or likely to cause harm to any other individual.
- Burning Seed reserves the right to add, withdraw or substitute any elements of the program or vary the advertised Burn’s ticket prices or patron capacity.
Access to areas
- Tickets only provide access to areas which are indicated by signage at the Burn.
- Children under the age of 18 must be accompanied to the Burn by a ticket-holding parent or legal guardian.
- Children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by a ticket-holding parent or legal guardian at all times.
- Participants must observe Burning Seed’s arrival and departure times from the site. General Admission will be no earlier than midday Wednesday 27th September 2017 and must be vacated by midday Monday 2nd October 2017. Check online closer to the Burn date for any updates or changes to these times.
- Participants must follow the direction of all Rangers and lead community organisers at all times.
- Community standards of behaviour are expected and persons deemed to be behaving in a manner that is dangerous or unacceptable will be refused admission and/or removed from the site.
- Participants must remain within the burn site’s perimeter during the Burn. Persons found outside the burn site’s immediate boundaries will be considered trespassers and subject to civil and/or criminal prosecution.
- Participants must not swim, bathe in or enter any dams, creeks or waterways in or in the vicinity of the Burn site.
- The following items are prohibited on the Burn site: illegal substances, firearms, dogs or pets (assistance animals excepted).
Carers and Assistance Animals
- In keeping with the principle of Radical Inclusion, participants at the Burn who require the assistance of an approved carer (being a person who provides personal care, support and assistance to another individual who needs it because that other individual is a person with disability, who holds a NSW Companion Card or equivalent) or an assistance animal (as defined by the Companion Animals Act 1998 (NSW)) may be accompanied by their bona fide carer or assistance animal as required.
- Every person at the Burn is required to hold a valid ticket and comply with all terms and conditions and policies, whether they are a volunteer, carer or otherwise. If you require the assistance of an approved carer in order to attend the Burn, please contact email@example.com to make enquiries about carer tickets.
- Because pets are not permitted, if you require your assistance animal with you in order to attend the Burn, we ask that you register your assistance animal by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can plan with you for your arrival and notify Gate staff of your attendance with an assistance animal.
- We warn all participants that a Burn often incorporates unforgiving physical environments for humans and dogs alike. Inclement weather, fire, loud noises, crowds and flashing lights are all common, and if any of these would be too uncomfortable or pose a risk for either you or your service animal we ask that you carefully consider that as you decide whether to participate, with or without your assistance animal.
- If you bring an assistance animal to the Burn, you are required to ensure:
- the animal does not pose a risk or threat to any other person at the Burn;
- the health and safety of that animal at all times;
- the animal is in your control, or the control of a person known to you, at all times, which generally requires that the animal be on a leash or harness or in an appropriate enclosure.
Acceptance of risk and waiver of liability
- Purchase of ticket and/or entrance to the Burn indicates acceptance of the following warning and waiver of liability: The property you will enter is a place where recreational services and activities are provided, where you are further warned and advised that Burning Seed Festival and/or the land it is staged on is an inherently dangerous place that may contain all manner of obstacles, risks and dangers, both known and unknown, natural and man made which may result in loss or damage to your property, personal injury or even death. Knowing this to be the case you voluntarily assume the risk of serious injury or death if you choose to come onto the property and do so at your own risk, waiving and foregoing any rights to make claims for losses and injuries.
- YOU KNOWINGLY AND VOLUNTARILY ASSUME ALL RISK OF PROPERTY LOSS, PERSONAL INJURY, SERIOUS INJURY OR DEATH, WHICH MAY OCCUR BY ATTENDING THE BURN AND HEREBY FOREVER RELEASE, DISCHARGE AND HOLD RED EARTH CITY PTY LTD, ITS DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, VOLUNTEERS, AGENTS AND ASSIGNS HARMLESS FROM ANY CLAIM ARISING FROM SUCH RISK, EVEN IF ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF RED EARTH CITY PTY LTD, OR BY THIRD PARTIES, AND YOU ASSUME FULL RESPONSIBILITY AND LIABILITY FOR YOUR PARTICIPATION.
- You understand that during the Burn, art installations, theme camps, vehicles (including but not limited to ‘mutant vehicles’ and ‘art cars’), events and performances will be held and/or on display and you understand that most of these activities are not owned or operated by Red Earth City Pty Ltd, and YOU ASSUME ALL RISKS OF INJURY OR DEATH ARISING FROM THEIR OPERATION AND FROM PARTICIPATION IN ANY OF THESE ACTIVITIES, AND THE RELEASE IN PARAGRAPH 28 APPLIES TO ANY INJURY YOU MIGHT SUSTAIN RELATING TO YOUR PARTICIPATION IN ANY OF THESE ACTIVITIES.
- You understand that some participants at the Burn may engage in expressive activity and dress, which may include partial nudity or nudity and other types of expressive activity. You agree that such expressive activity and dress is not indecent nor offensive to you, and that you have decided to attend the Burn with full knowledge that such expressive activity and dress may occur. If you are accompanied by minors at the Burn, you acknowledge that you have made a choice that the minors may be exposed to the expressive activities and dress that take place at the Burn, and that you have exercised parental responsibility and control in bringing the minors to the Burn. Should you find that any activity at the Burn is offensive to you, or to any minors accompanying you, then you acknowledge that you can avoid such activity by, among other things, leaving the vicinity of the activity or leaving the Burn.
- You understand and acknowledge that people are using film, video, and photographic cameras at the Burn, and that your image may be captured on film, video, or photographs that may subsequently be displayed or disseminated without your consent or payment of compensation to you, and you release Burning Seed from any liability due to such capturing, display, or dissemination.
- If your conduct is deemed by the Site Manager to be unacceptable or dangerous and you are refused access or asked to leave the Burn, you must leave the site immediately.
- The laws of New South Wales and Australia apply at all times, and Police have access to the site at their own discretion. The Police may be called by organisers or Rangers if it is deemed necessary to deal with any participant whose conduct is dangerous or unacceptable.
- Burning Seed reserves the right to take whatever measures it considers reasonable and necessary to protect its interests and the safety of participants in the Burn, including but not limited to keeping written and/or videographed records relating to individuals being refused access or asked to leave the Burn. You consent to being videographed in the event that you are asked to leave the Burn.
- Reading the Burning Seed Survival Guide is mandatory for all first time attendees, and furthermore being familiar with the Survival Guide is required for all participants at the Burn.
- I understand that these Terms and Conditions may be changed by Burning Seed prior to the Burn, and if so, the revised Terms and Conditions will apply to me. The most current version can be found here. My use of a ticket or other entry credential for entry to the Burn signifies my binding agreement to the Terms and Conditions in effect at the time of my entry to the Burn.