Create our City
Each Burning Seed is the sum of your imagination, participation and collaboration. Crowdcreation at its best. People often assume that a Burn is like most other festivals, passive experiences where event producers organise everything and you just need to rock up. Here's my ticket — now entertain me, feed me and clean up after me!
At Burning Seed, there is no fancy-pants production company curating from up on high or digging our ditches down below. There is only you and me — and we are the do-ocracy that conceives, creates and looks after our little week-long world.
Translation: you and I make this happen. Together, we pool our resources, skills, ideas and imagination to create the funding, the city, the entertainment and the experience itself. We also take care of our day-to-day needs and our environment — while we're together and when we leave. It is this very act of collaboration and participation that makes Burning Seed special.
Event Dates for Burning Seed 2019
Burning Seed will be held from midday Wednesday 25th Sept to midday Tuesday 1st October. See below for other key dates.
- Large Art Grant applications: Open 2nd March 2018 / Close 6th May 2018
- Small Art Grant applications: Open 3rd March 2018 / Close 10th June 2018
- General Art Registrations: Open 1st March 2018 / Close 15th July 2018
- Kids Art Grants: Open 1st Aug 2018 / Close 31st Aug 2018
- Riverina Arts Grants: Open 1st Apr 2018 / Close 31st Aug 2018
- Media registrations: Open TBC / Close TBC
- Theme Camp registration: **CLOSED FOR 2018**
- **CLOSED FOR 2018**
- Stage One Concept Designs: Open 12th Feb / Close 11th March
- Stage Two Design Submissions: Open 20th March / Close 15th April