Burning Seed Census
Our Community Voice
SlideShare Link: Burning Seed Census 2015
The results are in! Each year we hold a census after Burning Seed to check the pulse of our community and its experience of Burning Seed: its highs, its lows and its general trends. Your answers inform the direction and future of Burning Seed. In 2015 we saw a fantastic response to the Census with almost 1 in 5 (17%) of participants letting us know about their experience. THANK YOU ALL!
Data collected through Census is shared with Team Leads at the annual Burning Seed Summit - it really helps to identify key themes that need to be addressed for future events and, now in it's fourth year, Census provides Seed with a fantastic snapshot of the growing participant community that is Red Earth City.
Some of the key issues raised this year were:
- Core crew burn-out and the need to recruit, recruit, recruit!
- Community Crew - making sure participants understand their commitment to shifts
- A quiet area - the need for a space to relax and regroup
- Gate and Greeters - delays and wait times on entry
- Education - the massive increase in first time 'burgins' in 2015; and
- Environmental factors - how we manage the MOOP as Seed grows.
You'll find more detailed information, including planned responses to these issues, in the slideshare above. You can also download/view a PDF version of the Census or check out this handy infographic of key Census data.
Big thanks to Amelia (Bubbles) and the Community Engagement crew for pulling this together - look out for more from the crew in 2016!!!!
If you have any comments on the Census, please email email@example.com with ENGAGEMENT in the subject line. If you want to get involved in Seed's Community Engagement efforts or find out more about how you can participate in other areas, please email firstname.lastname@example.org