Need to know:
- PRE-SALE for 2016 Ticket Holders goes live Friday 12 May from 7pm AEST
- PRE-SALE ticket codes will be emailed to 2016 Ticket Holders (i.e. those who held tickets at time of last year's cancellation) by Wednesday 10 May
- General Ticket sales open Friday 19 May from 7pm AEST
- You need to have completed your Burner Profile to buy a ticket
- Max 2 adult tickets per transaction (in General Ticket sales)
- All ticket holders need a Burner Profile with a name that matches photo ID
- Having a profile does not guarantee a ticket – there is a cap on tickets
- Pricing for 2017 – Adult: $195 / Youth (16+17yo) $145 / Kids $10 (ex. booking fee)
- No free or complimentary tickets – everyone buys a ticket
Are you ready to go DEEPER?! That’s right folks, Starship Burning Seed is hurtling through the ether from the oblivion of last year’s cancelled event towards a newer, drier, more shiny and spandex filled constellation… Burning Seed 2017: DEEPER SPACE from 27 September to 2 October!!
As a big thank you to everyone who showed such incredible kindness, patience and support while we dealt with the difficult task of organising insurance, refunds etc for last year, we’re delighted to announce that you folks will get FIRST OPTION on tickets for 2017.
Yes, all 2016 Ticket Holders will be eligible for PRE-SALE tickets which will go live on Friday 12 May from 7pm AEST (put it in your diary NOW!). All 2016 Ticket Holders will receive an email with a code that unlocks the option to buy one ticket each. Quicket will email 2016 Ticket Holders a pre-sale code by Wednesday 10 May. Then General ticket sales will open 1 week later on Friday 19 May - until sold out it will be possible to buy two adult tickets per transaction in the general ticket sale but as before all Ticket Holders will need a Burner Profile.
Tickets and tiers
There are some important changes to ticketing in 2017:
- If you bought a ticket in 2016 you can use the Burner Profile you set up last year.
- If you don’t have a Burner Profile you need one to be eligible to buy a ticket - go complete your Profile!
- ADULT tickets are priced at $195 (ex fees) for a five day, 120 hour, out-of-this-world Deep Space experience at Red Earth City in 2017.
- This year we are also offering YOUTH (16 or 17 year olds) tickets at $145
- A limited number of tickets (around 15% of the total number of adult tickets available) will be reserved for purchase by core event crew and essential crew at returning Theme Camps to reduce any risk to the basic infrastructure of the event.
- There’s a maximum of 2 adult tickets per transaction.
- We will be offering a STEP program in 2017 to further improve support and safety and to reduce incidence of scalping for ticket exchange
Why has the ticket price increased by $10 on last year?
We’ve always asked that people buy the most expensive ticket they could afford and raising the ticket price is never an easy thing to do. We do our best to keep the ticket as affordable as possible, balancing income against costs while allowing for contingencies and making sure this remains a sustainable event. This year above all we need to take a very prudent approach to pricing given last year’s non-event and the costs incurred as a result.
When we increased the ticket price last year we said we needed to build in reserves for unexpected costs or emergencies we cannot budget for – such as the flooding of the site. We’ve used most if not all of that reserve to cover refunds for last year while we wait for the remaining insurance monies. You can check the latest financials here to find out more about where the money gets spent. The price still compares well against other festivals and events with camping and of the same length (five days or less).
How will the STEP program work?
We’re expecting the event will again sell out this year and we’re always looking for ways we can prevent ticket scalping and make it easier for people to exchange tickets if they find they can’t attend for whatever reason. We’ll provide more info on STEP in the coming months but for those who’ve used similar schemes it will basically offer two options: "I want to sell my tickets" and "I'm looking for tickets".
It only allows the seller to enter full price tickets into the outbound queue. People looking for tickets request 1 or 2 tickets and get entered in the inbound queue. There is a matching system then that offers outbound tickets to those waiting in the queue. That offer is valid for 24 hours and if they don't buy in that time, they are automatically removed from the queue and the tickets are offered to the next person in line.
What about kids tickets?
Kids (<16) tickets are $10 and will be available for purchase when the General Ticket sales open on Friday 19 May. Kids under 16 don’t need to complete a Profile – their tickets will be linked to the Profile of the responsible guardian attending with the child. Young people 16 & 17 need to purchase a Youth ticket ($145) and they will need their own Burner Profile.
From 7pm AEST on Friday 12 May, if you were a 2016 Ticket Holder at the time the 2016 Seed was cancelled you can buy PRE-SALE ticket(s) using the link you will receive from Quicket by Wednesday 10 May. Any remaining tickets will then be offered for General Sale a week later on Friday 19 May. Any issues or questions drop us a line at email@example.com. We’ll issue another reminder or two beforehand but make sure your heavenly body is orbiting that ticket page on 12 May!