Theme Camp Applications Now Open
The Theme camp team is happy to announce that theme camp applications are now open for Burning Seed 2019. The application window will be open for three months and close on the 31st of May. Theme camps are the interactive core of Burning Seed and we are excited to see what the camps will bring this year.
Becoming a registered theme camp at Burning Seed provides your group with a number of great benefits:
- Your camp will have an allocated space on the paddock. This means you will be placed in an area that best fits the needs and theme of your camp.
- Your camp will be listed on our site map and in our What Where When guide along with any events you want to run. The site map and WWW guide will be handed out to all participants at the event.
- Your camp will be able to share information on Burning Seed’s social media sites.
- Your camp may also be eligible for grants to help offset some of your expenditure.
So You Want To Be A Theme Camp?
All information required to apply to be an official theme camp for 2019 can be found at: http://burningseed.com/themecamps/
At the bottom of the page you will find a downloadable application pack which contains all necessary forms to complete and guides to help you in that process.
Important: You will not be able to complete the online application without uploading completed Memorandum of Understanding, Risk Assessment and LNT Plan forms. When the forms have been completed, you are ready to move onto the online application.
The link to the online application is found at the bottom of the theme camp web page. Once submitted a member of the Theme Camp Team may contact you for any clarification we may need and you will be able to edit your online form at anytime. Once completed you will hear from us in June on whether you have been accepted as an official theme camp for 2019.
Burning Seed can only offer placement to a limited number of theme camps. In 2019 we will be offering placement to 60 camps. The number is limited based on the size of the site and to ensure a good ratio of camps. Successful camps will be selected by the Theme Camp Team based on the following criteria:
- Previous performance at Burning Seed – Did your camp turn up? Did you do what you said you were going to do in your previous application? Were you just generally awesome? Did you MOOP or did you Leave No Trace?
- Variety – One of the best things about a burn is heading off on an adventure and not knowing what you’re going to find. Our aim is to provide a wide range experiences for everyone that make the journey to Burning Seed. Offer something unique and you’re almost guaranteed a spot.
- Aesthetics – Will your camp look visually spectacular? Will you be a shining beacon in the night?
- Inclusivity – Are you open to everybody or catering for a select few?
- Safety – Safety First not third.
- Run Times – Are you open for business 24/7 or planning to only run 1-2 short events? We acknowledge running a camp is hard work and everyone needs some time off, if you’re only running a couple of events we suggest you think about if your camp can provide an open or shared space when you’re off partying. We highly recommend sound camps limit themselves to 3-4 events.
The theme camp team is truly excited for 2019 and look forward to receiving your applications. We are always available to answer any questions or offer guidance and can be contacted by email at email@example.com. Get excited, get busy and make the magic happen. Burning Seed is just around the corner.