The day is finally here - Burning Seed 2020: Tipping Point starts at 5 pm on Friday 25th September! Here is the info you need to get a ticket, log on and navigate our virtual event.
First, some words about your experience at Burning Seed 2020
Burning Seed is an experimental event, and our virtual event will test our experimentation and participation in new ways. This is essentially everyone's first burn again - not just for the organisers and attendees - but the Seed Pods who are creating amazing and unique experiences for you, the community.
When you attend Burning Seed - EXPLORE, EXPLORE, EXPLORE! This is the first time you can go to a Burn and actually visit everything! The platform we are using has some amazing functions and ways of connecting with people, and there will be many surprises along the way. Embrace it - and please remember, this is an experiment. Things can and will go wrong, so refresh your browsers as needed, check your internet connection, kick back and most of all ENJOY!
We strongly suggest using Google Chrome as your web browser as this works with the platform better than other browsers. If you don't have Chrome installed, it is available for both Mac and Windows - and it's free to download.
Instructions for logging on
Our online event is being hosted on a platform called Sparkleverse - one of the platforms that the virtual Burning Man event was held on. You'll need to create an account when you go to the site, and you'll need to use the same email address that you used in Quicket when registering your tickets, in order to be recognised. If you haven't yet got your ticket, do so by clicking here: Tickets for Seed 2020
Once you have your ticket:
- Go to the Burning Seed Sparkleverse Event here: https://burningseed.sparklever.se
- Select 'Enter the Burn'
- You'll be asked to create an account - please use the same email address you used to register your ticket
- You'll then be asked to enter your public name (burner name) and upload a profile image. You need to upload an image to continue, but this doesn't have to be your real photo
- After agreeing to the principles, testing your webcam settings and watching our entry video and greeters video, you'll be on the Paddock!
Navigating the Paddock
- Whenever you are on the Paddock, you'll hear Red Earth Radio broadcasting live! Controls for volume can be found in the radio icon at the top of the screen.
- You'll see a flashing icon on the Paddock - that's you! Click and drag around the screen to explore the map, or use the navigation arrows at the bottom right to move your icon around the Paddock. There are also zoom buttons on the page.
- Seed Pods and Burning Seed Staples such as Temple, Greeters, Centre Camp and more will all have icons on the Paddock for their Pods. Click on an icon for more info and to enter their camp.
Connecting with others
- The chat icon on the right allows you to join the Paddock chat.
- The chat icon at the top of the screen allows you to initiate private chats and search for your friends.
- Clicking on another burner will allow you to interact with them.
- The 'shout across the Paddock' field at the bottom allows you to broadcast a message to all!
There are many other ways to connect. Experiment!
Events - where to find them and how to join
There are many ways you can find out what's happening on the Paddock and attend events:
- Click on a Pod to see their upcoming events and enter the camp to join.
- Use the 'Live Schedule' button at the top to see which events are happening on which days and enter this way.
- At the top of your screen, you'll see how many events are live at that moment and how many burners are online. Clicking this will bring up more info.
Every Pod is bringing a different kind of experience. Some will be live streaming events, with the opportunity to engage with others through chat and other functions. Others may launch into an online art piece for you to explore and contribute to. You'll find a bunch of familiar names and Theme Camps from Seed, plus many new Pods and crews who are bringing their offerings from other virtual events.
We don't want to give too much away, but we know there will be something for everyone!
Finally, some shout outs
We would not be able to hold an event like this without you - the community. Thank you! A massive shout out to our Seed Pods - they have come together in a record amount of time and created unique experiences for this very different type of burn. Many of these Pods have funded their experiences out of their own pockets and we thank them all for their amazing gifts. And, of course, a shout out to our small group of event organisers. They came up with an idea and ran with it to ensure we could all have a Burn experience this year.
See you on the Paddock!