By Maddy Snow
There's been a lot happening in Seed world of late, and perhaps you've been living under a rock, but it's more likely you've fitted out your Burner profile, applied for a large art grant, registered your theme camp, bought your Seed tickets, got your annual leave approved... oh, and checked out the new and improved Burning Seed website, yeah? Yeah!
Well in case this little update escaped you, here's a breakdown of some of the changes we made:
- You can now access all Burning Seed info on your smart phone or tablet. What that actually means is you can now access burningseed.com from the toilet.
- Burners landing on the homepage can join the crew straight from the home page. (Did you know there's a bunch of crew roles waiting to be filled by awesome people like you?)
- We have a fresh page of galleries, gradually being updated with the latest and greatest photos from our amazing crew of photographers.
- There are little hints of Deep Space spread through the site (notice the colours? The way it sucks you into a black hole of Burner knowledge?).
- We also made a bunch of changes to the site's back end, making it easier to update and less likely to do really annoying things that keep Andrew Lau up at night.
Haven't had a look yet? Well, you're on it right now. Have a poke around, by starting at our homepage.
We're pretty pleased to be giving our website a facelift, and none of this would have been possible without:
Gentle Fox. Over many phone calls, confused messages from comms members and bottles of wine, Fox spent months, often up until 3am leading the update to a Deeply Spaced website.
Andy Goodyear. Andy provided amazing support in the final weeks before launch, including making our 10 Principles page and gallery pages look super slick, just like his hair.
Andrew Lau. Lau is fluent in nerd, and made a heap of improvements that only Gentle Fox could understand, but that are all incredibly important.
Jane, aka Lioness. Jane coordinated the foundation for us to work from, and provided the words for us to sculpt this site around. She wrote the beautifully eloquent page descriptions which have inspired other Burn sites around the world.