Annnnnnnnddddd we’re off! Art grants and Theme Camp applications have opened, so let those creative urges rip!
Theme Camp applications
Our illustrious Theme Camp team is keen to see more of last year’s mash-up mayhem, with theatrical camps, food stops, healing spaces, chill pads and acoustic stages rounding out our city’s onnz, oonz, oonz soundscape. This year, applications will close on July 1 so there is more time to plan our cityscape.
- April 2: Theme Camp applications open
- July 1: Theme Camp applications close
For handy tips and how-tos, check out our online Theme Camp guide. Wanna yak with a Theme Camp sparkle pony? Drop them line at firstname.lastname@example.org
Register your Theme Camp here. [bra_divider height=’10’][bra_divider height=’10’]Art grant applications
Our team has shown a whole lotta art this year by bringing grant applications forward by a month and increasing the grants – awhhhh, aren’t they great? Now you have more time and mula to share that idea – big or small.
When it comes to the latter, don’t sweat the small stuff – just have a go. At a Burn, you don’t have to be an ‘artist’ to make art – we are all the art and soul of this creative enterprise.
And for those thinking big this year, we’re keen to have more of you onboard too. Our intrepid ARTery teamsters are here to support you by assessing your submissions and helping you realise them. They will also allocate grants during the submission period, rather than waiting till the end of the application process to let people know whether they were successful.
This year, small art grants are up to $1000 and large art grants are up to $5000.
Small art grant application dates:
- April 2: small art grant applications open
- July 5: small art grant applications close
- August 2: all small art grants are finalised
Large art grant application dates:
- April 2: large art grant applications open
- June 1: large art grant applications close
- April 1 – June 28: the ARTery team works with each artist to assess and help realise feasible art works. Art grants will be allocated throughout this period.
- June 28: all large art grants are finalised
Please note that if you apply for an art grant, you don’t have to fill out an art registration form as well. The art registration form is only for those who are bringing art but not applying for grants.
Apply for your art grant here