The Future of Burning Seed
We want your input on the future of Burning Seed!
The Burning Seed organisation is consulting with the Burning Seed community about how to run the event in the future. This is likely to involve discussions about the best type of organisation (or group of organisations) to run it (i.e. incorporated association; a company limited by guarantee; or a co-operative). It is also likely to involve discussions about membership of the new organisation; who is on the board; and what the organisation should own. This is a discussion about the organisation running the event, rather than the event itself.
We want to hear from as many community members as possible – theme camps, artists, volunteers, and participants. To find out what you all think, we will be running a community consultation process over the next few months. This will begin at Burning Seed, and will run into early 2018.
The consultation process will involve the following:
- An information session and Q&A at Burning Seed Town Hall 2017 *COMPLETED*. Notes here.
- Face-to-face ‘Town Hall’ sessions in Melbourne on Thursday November 23rd 2017, and in Sydney on Thursday November 30th 2017 *COMPLETED* Summary here.
- Additional face-to-face’ Town Hall’ sessions in Melbourne (8-Apr-18), Sydney (15-Apr-18 TBC), Newcastle (22-Apr-18 TBC), Brisbane (29-Apr-18 TBC), and Riverina/Matong (6-May-18 TBC)
- A written submission process (January – April 2018): form here
- Additional resources & background information;
- A spreadsheet that highlights the differences between each of the legal models we are considering;
- A research paper that discusses how other regional burns are structured;
- A PDF that provides a bit of background and history on the creation of the Burning Seed Event and the corporate structure of Red Earth City.
- An online questionnaire (April-May 2018)
- Additional consultations for Seed community members (as needed, and pending levels of interest)
All members of the Burning Seed community are welcome and encouraged to participate. Click here to read a Statement of Intent from the Red Earth City Directors and a synopsis on the History of Burning Seed.
Read our previous blog posts here;
- Mar 2018: Future of Seed- Delivering Smokin’ Hot Background Papers to You!
- Jan 2018: Creating the Future of Seed *an update*
- Nov 2017: Future of Seed – Upcoming Sydney Consult
- Nov 2017: Town Hall Summary & Upcoming Community Engagement Events
Signing up to this email list means that you will only be contacted with information related to the Future of Burning Seed including information about Community Engagement Sessions, the online survey and other information sessions or documentation. This list will not be shared or distributed and will be closed once the Community Engagement Process has been completed. This email list does not include information about the annual Burning Seed event or other associated activities.