The Future of Burning Seed
We want your input on the future of Burning Seed!
The Burning Seed organisation is currently speaking to the Burning Seed community about how to set-up the future event organising body. This has involved leading discussions about the best type of organisation (or group of organisations) to run it (i.e. incorporated association; a company limited by guarantee; or a co-operative), discussions about membership of the new organisation; who is on the board; and what the organisation should own. This is a discussion about the organisation running the event, rather than the event itself.
Information will be updated on this web page and on the Burning Seed Facebook page. Additional enquiries can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org, or you can subscribe to our mailing list (form below).
The consultation process involved the following steps:
- An information session and Q&A at Burning Seed Town Hall 2017 *COMPLETED*. Notes here.
- Face-to-face ‘Town Hall’ sessions in Melbourne on Thursday November 23rd 2017, and in Sydney on Thursday November 30th 2017 *COMPLETED* Summary here.
- Additional face-to-face’ Town Hall’ sessions in Melbourne (8-Apr-18), Sydney (15-Apr-18 TBC), Newcastle (22-Apr-18 TBC), Brisbane (29-Apr-18 TBC), and Riverina/Matong (6-May-18 TBC) *COMPLETED*
- A written submission process (January – April 2018) *COMPLETED*
- An online questionnaire (April-May 2018) *COMPLETED*
- Additional consultations for Seed community members (as needed, and pending levels of interest) *COMPLETED*
- A review of the data collected in the survey, face to face and additional consultation :This analysis will support a final report on the the consultation. *COMPLETED*
- A final report will make recommendations on the preferred legal entity, constitution, board composition, and membership (plus a couple of other items). *COMPLETED*
- Report presented at the 2018 Burning Seed Event at Centre Camp on Saturday 29th from 3-4:30 p.m. *COMPLETED*
- Call-out for people who are interested in being a member of the new entity (January – February 2019).
- Bios of the folks running this process including the Restructure Sub-Committee, the Town Council and the Red Earth City Directors.
- Statement of Intent from the Red Earth City Directors and a synopsis on the History of Burning Seed
- A spreadsheet that highlights the differences between each of the legal models we are considering;
- A research paper that discusses how other regional burns are structured;
- A PDF that provides a bit of background and history on the creation of the Burning Seed Event and the corporate structure of Red Earth City.
- The Terms of Reference that the Restructure Sub-Committee are following to deliver Community Engagement Process
Read our previous blog posts here;
- Jan 2019: Calling for New Members for the Not-For-Profit
- Sept 2018: Q&A Presentation of the Report at Burning Seed
- Sept 2018: Future of Seed Community Engagement Report
- Aug 2018: Constitution Building – A call for new volunteers on the Restructure Committee
- May 2018: It’s a Wrap! – Our survey is closed, find out what’s next
- Apr 2018: Survey is Live – Would you like to take a Survey?
- Mar 2018: Future of Seed- Delivering Smokin’ Hot Background Papers to You!
- Jan 2018: Creating the Future of Seed *an update*
- Nov 2017: Future of Seed – Upcoming Sydney Consult
- Nov 2017: Town Hall Summary & Upcoming Community Engagement Events
Signing up to this email list means that you will only be contacted with information related to the Future of Burning Seed including information about Community Engagement Sessions, the online survey and other information sessions or documentation. This list will not be shared or distributed and will be closed once the Community Engagement Process has been completed. This email list does not include information about the annual Burning Seed event or other associated activities.