The Future of Burning Seed
The Burning Seed organisation is currently creating a new not-for-profit to run the event into the future. This process first involved extensive community consultation. The consultation is described in the consultation report, and on the remainder of this page. The restructure committee is now translating community feedback into a structure and constitution for the new not-for-profit.
To date, the process has involved:
- An information session and Q&A at Burning Seed Town Hall 2017 *COMPLETED*. Notes here.
- Face-to-face ‘Town Hall’ sessions in Melbourne on Thursday November 23rd 2017, and in Sydney on Thursday November 30th 2017 *COMPLETED* Summary here.
- Additional face-to-face’ Town Hall’ sessions in Melbourne (8-Apr-18), Sydney (15-Apr-18 TBC), Newcastle (22-Apr-18 TBC), Brisbane (29-Apr-18 TBC), and Riverina/Matong (6-May-18 TBC) *COMPLETED*
- A written submission process (January - April 2018) *COMPLETED*
- An online questionnaire (April-May 2018) *COMPLETED*
- Additional consultations for Seed community members (as needed, and pending levels of interest) *COMPLETED*
- A review of the data collected in the survey, face to face and additional consultation. *COMPLETED*
- A final report that makes recommendations on the preferred legal entity, constitution, board composition and membership.
- Report presented at the 2018 Burning Seed Event at Centre Camp on Saturday 29th from 3-4:30 p.m. *COMPLETED*
- Call-out for people who are interested in being a member of the new entity (January - February 2019). Completed
- Call-out for additional members of the new entity (April 2019). Completed
- Bios of the folks running this process including the Restructure Sub-Committee, the Town Council and the Red Earth City Directors.
- Statement of Intent from the Red Earth City Directors and a synopsis on the History of Burning Seed
- A spreadsheet that highlights the differences between each of the legal models we are considering;
- A research paper that discusses how other regional burns are structured;
- A PDF that provides a bit of background and history on the creation of the Burning Seed Event and the corporate structure of Red Earth City.
- The Terms of Reference that the Restructure Sub-Committee are following to deliver Community Engagement Process
Read our previous blog posts here;
- Jan 2019: Calling for New Members for the Not-For-Profit
- Sept 2018: Q&A Presentation of the Report at Burning Seed
- Sept 2018: Future of Seed Community Engagement Report
- Aug 2018: Constitution Building - A call for new volunteers on the Restructure Committee
- May 2018: It's a Wrap! - Our survey is closed, find out what's next
- Apr 2018: Survey is Live - Would you like to take a Survey?
- Mar 2018: Future of Seed- Delivering Smokin' Hot Background Papers to You!
- Jan 2018: Creating the Future of Seed *an update*
- Nov 2017: Future of Seed - Upcoming Sydney Consult
- Nov 2017: Town Hall Summary & Upcoming Community Engagement Events